Thursday, March 24, 2016

Holiday in the Park

We bought season passes to 6 Flags since there is one super close, and they were super cheap. We have been trying to go once a month in order to really get the best use out of them, and of course, during the holidays they always have fun things happening at 6 Flags.
The 6 Flags in Vallejo is called Discovery Kingdom. It has animals, kids rides, roller coasters, and a lot more. It is a lot different than the 6 Flags in Southern California. But that just means there is more to see at different times of the year. Since it is cold in December, we got to spend time with penguins. When I was young, I loved penguins until I went to the zoo on a class trip. The penguins smelled so bad (like fish and poop) so I decided I didn't like penguins anymore. These penguins totally redeemed the species cause they were so cute. Even though there was a hint of fish and salt water in the air, I didn't mind. Maybe that is a sign of maturity or something.
Since we have season passes, we never feel like we have to do everything at the park, so we pick and choose what we do each time. We decided to ride a few rides we hadn't experienced, and then spend some time exploring different areas decorated with Christmas fun. 
It was really a polygamous day, since neither of our friends husbands could come (studying and football... I think). But it was a really fun day to be at the park. We spent a total of about 4 hours, and then everyone crashed in the car on the way home. Well, everyone except me. I had to stay awake since I was driving, but we were all definitely exhausted. 
Happy Holidays from 6 Flags!!

No comments:

Post a Comment