Friday, November 20, 2015

Alameda Pumpkin Patch

I once read a quote that said, "Being an adult is the dumbest thing I've ever done." I think being an adult is associated with stress, responsibility, and bills. In my life, being an adult means having the freedom to control your own life, yet still doing childish things. So, we went to the Alameda Pumpkin Patch to act like youthful adults and play in the hay! 
We went with our friends Catherine and Kathryn (Catherine's husband was studying and Kathryn's husband was on a business trip). Rather than doing a girls night out, we had a sister wives situation and enjoyed the pumpkin patch.
The pumpkin patch was filled with all sorts of cool pumpkins. Green ones, white ones, multi-colored, spotted, bumpy, smooth. Seriously, every type of pumpkin was represented. Ok, not every type of pumpkin, but there was a large sampling. The pumpkins were crazy expensive, so we didn't buy any, but we had fun picking out the ones we would have bought had we brought tons of cash.
Kathryn brought her son, Regan, and he and I enjoyed a moment at the top of the haystack. He went through this phase (we try and act like we know stuff about kids since we hang out with him and live vicariously through his parents) where he pointed at everything and made a noise. I still couldn't quite understand what he was pointing at, and many times his points went in random directions, but having a kid in the pumpkin patch was a lot of fun. 
But then again, Caitlin was like a kid in the pumpkin patch. Ha ha! 
We also took this lovely little gem of a picture during our time at the patch. I love the perfect fall look. Being in the bay is perfect during the fall. June and July are chilly months, but September and October have perfect weather. We could walk around in shorts and a t-shirt. They call it Indian Summer, which is a term I wasn't familiar with, but I guess it is used all over the US as far back as the 1700s. I guess that shows my ignorance on US phrases. 

No comments:

Post a Comment