Monday, October 13, 2014

Another Catching Up Blog Post

Man... I used to be really good at blogging. And now... meh. It doesn't even sound like a good thing to do most days. Where has my motivation gone? 

Well, I thought this blog would be my remedy to not blogging, and maybe it will get me back on the bandwagon. Although, are we supposed to be on the bandwagon? I'm still not sure I know what the proper procedure is. :)

Anyway, here are some things we've been up to lately. 

We redid a couple of pieces of furniture. Yeah - we've never done anything like this before, but we are really happy with how it turned out. Caitlin did like 90% of the work, but I put the knobs on and carried it upstairs, so I feel like I accomplished something as well. We also did a nightstand that is on Caitlin's side of the bed. She did 100% of that one. I'm basically just a bystander in this section of the blog. 
We spent a few weekends going to the Bead Shop Hop, which is an event in southern California where you go from bead store to bead store and buy beads - and get stamps in a passport that gives you entrance into a bunch of drawings. 
This year the theme was books, so every single bead store was themed after a different book. Caitlin had to take a picture of the store owner that dressed up like the Little Mermaid. 
This little photo was taken outside of the store that did Men are from Mars, Women are from Venus. Outside of the store was the Man Cave, so I hung out with this skeleton for a little while. 
And since we spent so much time bead shopping, Caitlin has been really busy designing earrings. Seriously, we made almost 40 new pairs of earrings for our Etsy store. We have had 90 sales since we opened the shop. We're hoping to get to 100 by the end of the year. So, if you need any gifts or anything, you can check out her shop. 
While we were up near LA going to bead stores, we went to the temple in Newport beach. It was a cool temple and we were glad to be able to go. 

This past week I started an internship at PCI Global. I am working in their Women's Empowerment Initiative, and so far it has been really great... although I haven't gotten too much into my work yet. In case you were wondering what PCI is all about, here are some videos that explain it. 


There are a bunch of other things happening right now too, and although this blog wasn't the most exciting, I figured I should write about these things before going into the other fun things we've been experiencing. So, until next time blogworld. 

No comments:

Post a Comment