Sunday, February 2, 2014

Feliz Cumpleaños Caitlin!

So Caitlin already blogged about her birthday on her blog, and she went into a lot more depth than I will. I just wanted to make sure I wrote a little about how we celebrated her 25th birthday. 

Caitlin wanted to do something big this year for her birthday - but that is kind of hard to do when you don't have a ton of friends, nor a ton of pesos. So I opted for a fun day with just the two of us. 
I got her 25 gifts and made a delicious chocolate cinnamon cake. The cinnamon was accidental - but it turned out really well. Just in case you were wondering, ground cinnamon looks just like cocoa... or at least it does to me. 

I made breakfast in the morning, we opened presents, Caitlin went to work, I went to work, we went to the market and did a little shopping. Nothing huge, but it was a lot of fun to spend the day together. 

On Saturday, we celebrated with the kids from Yo'onik. They all knew it was Caitlin's birthday, so they drew her pictures and made cards for her. It was such a blast. Then Caitlin made them cake to share and celebrate for her birthday.
And of course, I went into absolutely no detail in this blog post, but Caitlin wrote it all out in her blog - and it's really good and detailed. If you want to read it, you can find it here

No comments:

Post a Comment