Friday, November 29, 2013

Month of Thanksgiving


I have seen a lot of daily Facebook posts about giving thanks the entire month of November. It is nice to have constant reminders to be grateful, and I feel like this year we have so much to be thankful for. But since Mexico doesn't celebrate Thanksgiving, it has taken a while to get into the holiday spirit. But it is finally getting cold here (really cold), and I just wanted to express my gratitude for all that I have been blessed with. 

I have an amazing wife that cares for me and understands me - even on days when I am horrible to live with.
I have the best family, seriously. I have always gotten so much support from them and they are always excited for even the littlest things we skype them about.
We have the greatest friends, both in the States and in Mexico. They are so kind and generous. I know I never blogged about it, but our friends pitched in and bought Caitlin and I a new camera after ours was stolen. We seriously have been so blessed with amazing friends. 
We have great jobs that challenge us and that we are good at. Caitlin is teaching English, and is an amazingly talented teacher, and I get to work at a small NGO and really learn the ins and outs of working in development. 
We have a church that is less than a mile away from our house that we are able to walk to on Sundays and enjoy the spirit that we can feel there. 
We have a great house to live in in a beautiful city. We get to improve our Spanish every day and have truly amazing cultural experiences. We have healthy bodies and are able to walk everywhere and not feel exhausted. We have plenty of money to buy food and even have a little bit of fun. 

We seriously have been so blessed. 

I'm sure that all of you have been immensely blessed as well - and how great is it that we get to celebrate our blessings through our Thanksgiving in November? I am grateful for that special holiday - and grateful that even though we aren't living on US soil, we can still celebrate some of the holidays that we have grown up with.

Now enjoy this amazing video about Thanksgiving. You wont be disappointed. 

No comments:

Post a Comment