Monday, October 21, 2013

A Few Days in Oregon

I love going home to visit Oregon - especially in the summer. Oregon only really has two seasons: summer and rain. Is rain a season? I'm pretty sure it is in the Pacific Northwest. And since I grew up there, I can say anything I want about the rain in Oregon, but if someone else says anything about it, I will defend Oregon until I pass out.

Every time we drive to Oregon, we have to stop by Multnomah Falls. It is seriously a breathtaking view. I'm so glad to pass it in between Idaho and Oregon. 

And of course, spending time in Oregon is always full of spending time with my family. We stayed with my mom for a few days and also stayed with my sister Carley for a few days. Carley just bought a new house and it was so beautiful! We are really jealous since we've been bouncing around for so long. 


While we were in Oregon, we decided to spend a day sightseeing in Portland. Caitlin had never been to Oregon in the summer, so this was the perfect time to introduce her to Voodoo Doughnuts, Powell's Books, the Waterfront, and many other Portlandy things. 


Voodoo Doughnut is a pretty infamous Portland donut shop, that has a wide variety of crazy, weird donuts. It seriously epitomizes the spirit of Portland in one little shop.

Caitlin got a coconut one and I got a blueberry one. We also tried maple, Captain Crunch, Oreo, and the voodoo doll donut. 


And of course, we had to take a picture with the Portlandia statue. 

Some of the other fun things we did while in Oregon include picking fresh blackberries, going to the temple with my grandparents and aunt, going to the Oregon State Fair, and going to see the movie, The Butler. We didn't take a whole lot of pictures, but here is what we got. :)

Carley with her mini pigs at the fair petting zoo.

Us with Elvis and Marilyn Monroe outside of the movie theater.

And of course, our last day saying goodbye to my mom. We were so sad to leave, and really wish all our family would come down and visit us in Mexico soon!

1 comment: