Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Things That Are New

Lately we have been so busy that I haven't been able to blog. Here are some of the new things that are keeping us busy:

Our new favorite hobby in parking lots is drawing eyeballs on other peoples cars. We absolutely love it, and we hope that the strangers that now have living vehicles appreciate it too. 

I've started a new (and very cold and snowy) semester. It has been ridiculously cold here and I have been freezing while walking around campus. But luckily my load (for now) is lighter than it was last semester. It will pick up in the middle of February when I add four more classes to my schedule. Here is the welcome sign to my campus all covered in snow. 

I also recently completed one of my life goals by putting my feet in the Atlantic Ocean. I'm pretty sure I may want to do this one over again, since it was January, and we did it on the coast of Maine. The water was so cold that it was painful. I don't think I will ever try and experience it again, but maybe next time I will do it at a beach in Florida.

Lately Caitlin has been keeping busy with her earring business. She recently put up a Facebook page (click on the Facebook logo to see it) so that she can start advertising more. She is really good and it's a fun hobby for her to have, especially when I get busy doing homework. 

Other things that have been keeping us busy:
  • Our callings - which we have been really enjoying with the new youth curriculum. 
  • Trying to find a practicum - if anyone has any good connections at the United Nations or other large development agencies, let me know! 
  • The Biggest Loser - which we are totally addicted to.
  • Swimming laps - our new favorite exercise
  • The branch Elders - we now try to go out with them at least once a week
I think that is just about it for things new things that we have been doing. It has been a fun and busy 2013. Hopefully we can keep busy and continue to enjoy the year!




No comments:

Post a Comment