Tuesday, January 8, 2013

New Years Adventures

New Years Eve can be a super exciting night, or an extremely lame one. It all depends on what you have planned - and if you have nothing planned, you most likely will go to bed early and welcome the new year in the morning. But - since Caitlin and I haven't spent a New Years Eve together in quite some time (3 years I think), I decided that we would have a fun one.

I started off by decorating our house with some balloons and banners. I had to make it feel like it was NYE, so I made sure to have fun decorations. In addition to the living room decorations, I decorated two of the three bedrooms. One was in silver and black for our NYE dance - and the other was decorated like a photo studio, complete with our camera on a tripod for easy pictures.



Every balloon hanging from the ceiling had a time written on it from 7:00 to midnight, and inside each balloon was an activity to do during the night so we could stay up until midnight. We knew that we would not be able to stay up unless we had things planned - although we still got a little tired around 11:30.

Some of the activities included taking pictures in a photo booth (you can see these on the left), playing a game, setting resolutions, learning a song on the ukulele, and on and on. They were pretty fun, but I planned them so of course I thought they were fun.

We also had some fancy drinks. :) My family always had Shirley Temples on NYE, so we made some of those, and then we had sparkling cider to toast and cheer as the ball dropped at midnight. And now we are living it up in 2013. Can you believe how fast time goes by? Kids who were born in 2000 will be teenagers this year. That does not seem right! Anyway, here's to an amazing 2013!


No comments:

Post a Comment