Friday, December 28, 2012

The Night Before Christmas

On Christmas Eve, Caitlin and I had a few friends over for dinner. Yvonne, from Rwanda, and Karin, from Cameroon. Neither of them were able to go home for the holidays, so we had them to our home. It was so much fun talking to them about unique Christmas traditions they have, and getting to spend time with our great friends. 

After dinner, we went to Midnight Mass at the Catholic cathedral in Brattleboro. It was a beautiful service, although unlike services we are used to. We were so tired afterward, and didn't get home until after 1:30 a.m. - but it was totally worth it.


A Christmas tradition we have is to give pajamas on Christmas eve, so we opened up our gifts we picked out for each other and wore our new pajamas to bed - that way when we got up in the morning, we looked nice. :) Although I hardly ever wake up looking nice - more like I got hit in the face with an iron. Actually, getting hit in the face with an iron only came to my mind because we also watched Home Alone on Christmas Eve, and I for sure do not look like those robbers when I wake up in the morning. 

1 comment:

  1. Ha ha! Devin, you are funny! thanks for having us, we had fun too! I like your blog :-)

    Yvonne

    ReplyDelete