Sunday, December 2, 2012

Fjällräven Polar 2013

Earlier this week I was talking to one of my friends from BYU-I (Chase Burk) and he told me about his brother-in-law and something called Fjällräven Polar. First off - I can't even pronounce it, so I wont try and spell it phonetically. Second off - I was so confused as to why he would be telling me all about this dog sled race across Norway and Sweeden. But then he asked me if I would watch this video and see what he was talking about: 

Maybe you didn't watch the video above, so I'll tell you a little about it. Larry Daugherty has been dreaming of competing in dog sledding races his entire life. BUT - as is the case for many of us, sometimes life detours our dreams. Not that they have gone away entirely, but other things detour us from accomplishing that "far out there" type dream. 

Larry now has the chance to compete in Fjällräven Polar - but he needs votes in order to win. As of 2:40 (Eastern time) on Sunday, December 2, he is in 3rd place. Could you do me (and my friend Chase) a favor and go here or here to vote for Larry. It would mean the world to me and you would be helping a friend of a friend accomplish a lifelong dream. Click on the link and click "vote" in the upper right hand corner.

And heck - share it with other people you know. And no, if you don't vote nothing heinous will happen to you and your family (this isn't some weird chain mail that gets passed along) - it would just mean a lot to me if you participated. 

1 comment:

  1. Devin - stumbled accross your blog after googling myself (was looking for something else, but found this!)

    Just want to say a heartfelt thank you for supporting me. You may have heard I won the jury selection vote and will be headed to Sweden and Norway in April for the trip of a lifetime! Thanks again for the support!

    Larry Daugherty

    ReplyDelete