Wednesday, October 10, 2012

New Jobs

Caitlin and I have both started new jobs since moving out to New England. Even though we live in Massachusetts, we both work in Brattleboro, Vermont. Really, it is the only town anywhere close to where we live, so it made perfect sense to get jobs there. And we are so blessed with how everything has worked out with our jobs. Divine intervention, I'm sure.


Caitlin got a job working in the front office of the family practice of the Brattleboro Memorial Hospital. So far things have been going great, although a stressful transition. She has a lot of responsibility, but really likes her coworkers. It was such a blessing that she could find a job so quickly and one that she was 100% qualified for. Her job in Provo prepared her really well. 


I got a job on my campus working as a "Leadership Assistant" in the Experiment in International Living office. It's an office that helps coordinate international living opportunities in over 30 countries for high school students. The division I work in is in charge of recruiting team leaders that will take a group of high school students to France, Italy, Ecuador, etc. for 4-5 weeks. It is a great job where I'll gain invaluable experience. I'm really grateful that I could get it. Luckily I had a friend who worked in the office and persuaded me to interview for the open position. 

Now the best news of it all! Caitlin works from 8:00 to 5:00. I have class at 8:30 in the morning. Her work is on the way to my school so I can just drop her off on my way. Or most recently she has been taking me to school and picking me up after work so I can spend more time doing homework on campus. But it is literally so convenient. Her office is right off exit 1 on the freeway, and my school is off exit 3. It's almost a direct shot from our house to her office as well. Only 1 turn, and that is to get into her parking lot. What a blessing! 

We are really happy to be out here. We have had our highs and lows when it comes to living in New England, but for the most part we are loving every element of life. Hopefully we will have more adventures to announce soon. Doing homework all day long doesn't really provide us with many opportunities for adventure, but the weekend is just around the corner! 

1 comment: