Sunday, October 7, 2012

Caramel Apples

Caramel apples and fall go hand in hand. So now that the leaves are turning colors and the temperature is starting to dip, we knew we had to have a fall-ish night with friends. I have made some great friends at SIT so we had a few of them over for dinner and Krysta brought the ingredients for caramel apples. Such the best idea!

Of course we had humungous apples. Krysta got my favorite, honeycrisp. And they were bigger than any apple I have ever eaten. 

 Here is Catherine and Krysta getting their apples together. Krysta likes sprinkles and I like chocolate, so we compromised and got both for the apples. 

I had so much fun decorating my apple. It turned out to be the ugliest one, but it tasted DELICIOUS!

 We didn't get sticks for the apples so we used chop sticks instead. It gave them sort of a Chinese flair. Does China have a caramel apple equivalent? 

Here we all are with our delicious apples. 

Catherine and Krysta chowing down on their apples.

 While we waited for the caramel to cool, we played a riveting game of Clue. It was a lot more fun with 4 people than it is with just 2 people. Caitlin won of course. 
I had a lot of fun eating my apple with a knife. I felt like the villain from Dennis the Menace. Caitlin went for the more traditional route of eating her apple right off the chop stick. :)

2 comments:

  1. I wish you guys were here. We miss you. And I want an apple.

    ReplyDelete
  2. "Does China have a carmel apple equivelant?"
    Smile for the day.
    I'm glad you've settled in and made friend in your new homeland!

    ReplyDelete