Thursday, August 30, 2012

We've Seen a lot of Places

Now that we've had a few days to catch our breath (although I doubt I'll be breathing normally for long with all this grad school homework) I figured I should start to blog about our trip. This may end up becoming a long mini-series of places we've seen, and I'm sure everyone will enjoy it. :)

We drove from Utah to Vermont. 36 hours if you drive straight through. We did not want to drive straight through, so it took us 46 hours on the road, and 10 days of being homeless. Since the United States has so much to offer, we knew we had to visit a few of the national/historical sights along the way. We drove to Mt. Rushmore, Des Moines, Nauvoo, Chicago, Kirtland, Niagara Falls, Palmyra, and finally, Brattleboro, Vermont. 

Since we were moving here for the next year of our lives, we loaded up our car with all our "necessities" and started on the road. My amazing coworkers got us a bike rack so we could transport my bike back east. I'm hoping to get a lot of use out of that bike before the weather turns to winter-like.

As soon as we started driving we began having fun. Do you see the sun rising in the background? It was a joyous time in the car, singing and hanging out.

But... Caitlin can only take my singing voice for so long, so she pulled out a box full of road trip games that my mom sent us and we played Go Fish for a little while in the car.

One of my coworkers also got us this great tripod that we used a ton on our trip. We were sick of having every picture of us be from arms length away. It was quite convenient, and we got a lot of great pictures with it.

Moving has been difficult for us. It is weird being in a new place and not knowing anyone. It is also hard to have such separate lives for the time being. I wish Caitlin could come to my classes so she could help me with my homework every night. :) But luckily we still have each other and we are going to do our best to enjoy every aspect of our time in New England. 

No comments:

Post a Comment