Sunday, June 10, 2012

Watercolors on a Windy Day

Our Saturday activity was surprisingly dangerous. It included tornado-like winds, diving into thundering rapids, and nearly dying of pneumonia. Actually, most of those things are a bit exaggerated, but on some level they all occurred.

Our assignment was to go for a walk/hike and paint the scenery. Luckily for us Provo was SUPER windy so we settled for a walk through a small work complex that has a beautiful stream and benches to sit on and paint.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                           

We decided to go for watercolors so we sat at our table and began painting. Because of the intense wind, we had everything weighed down with phones, water bottles, etc.  And it worked pretty well – at least well enough for us to get through our paintings, although the wind made it freezing outside.


In the end we were pretty happy with how our paintings turned out. They’re not the best paintings but for not having any sort of art background we feel proud enough to show them off.

So we took pictures with our pictures and then we decided to set the camera up on the timer to get one of the both of us and as we get ready to say cheese our paintings went flying through the air and both landed in the stream. In an act of desperation I dove in after the paintings and managed to save one of them while ankle deep in the stream, and Caitlin sacrificed her knee saving the other. Surprisingly the swim in the stream didn’t hurt them at all – although my soaking lower half was completely numb from the water. Needless to say, before we went and did anything else we went home and changed into some dry clothes.      

No comments:

Post a Comment