Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Make the Days Count

Yesterday I saw this sign and I fell in love with the saying. 

The title of the JPG is "Risk vs Regret, Which is More Important to You?" Immediately I calculated the amount of days we have left in Provo. 
69

Can you believe that? 
Only 69 days left here in Provo. We are in no way prepared - and believe it or not, we'll probably miss this place a lot. (Hopefully the Smiths don't read that, they're already trying to convince us to come back after grad school). 

So since I started counting the days until we leave (69 in case you already forgot) I decided that we needed to also make every day count. So for FHE we spent about an hour coming up with 69 things we are going to do while still here in Provo. 

There are a variety of things - activities, date ideas, food to try, sentimental things, ways to show our love for one another, etc. And then we wrote them on 69 strips of paper and made a paper chain to hang in our dining room. 


We're pretty excited about everything. I even got Caitlin to pose with our chain at 10:30 p.m. after playing tennis in the smoldering Utah heat. She's such a trooper! :)

One thing a day. Not too difficult, right? 

Today we have to learn a song on the piano/guitar and sing it together. I'll post all about it tomorrow and hopefully keep the blogging world posted about our next 69 days in Provo. 

2 comments:

  1. You guys are so creative, this is such a great idea!! I can't wait to see what you do each day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this. I may just copy your idea since Cameron and I only have....52 days left in Rexburg.

    ReplyDelete