Monday, June 25, 2012

Hiking Y Mountain

Maybe I took a break from blogging for a while. We had a pretty low-key week. Caitlin was pretty sick so we stayed home almost every night. But she's feeling better and we had a crazy busy weekend to make up for our week of slacking.

On Saturday morning we woke up at 6:00 to hike Y Mountain. I had never hiked the Y before, but it is now one of my new favorite short hikes. The hike is only 1.2 miles but you climb over 1,000 feet. The elevation change is pretty intense but it's only hard on your lungs, not your body.


The hike to the Y starts out with this beautiful metal gate - gets you all sorts of prepared for a good hike. Did you know that the Y is bigger than the Hollywood sign? I learned that via Wikipedia. 



 6:00 was pretty early to be hiking, but we were pretty energetic. We made it up and down the mountain in less than an hour - including the 15 minute break we took once we got to the top. 

Since we had so much energy, we decided we had better run down to the base which was a great morning exercise. I loved it so much that I want to make it a regular weekend routine until we leave for Vermont. I'm not sure if I have Caitlin convinced yet... but I'll work on her.



No comments:

Post a Comment