Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Seeking

Sometimes I feel that the scriptures lay things out in a way that seems far too easy. It doesn't say here how long it will take for that door to open. Maybe God is in the shower and it's going to take him a minute to get to the door. Is there a way that we can just let ourselves in so that we're comfortable while we wait? Or is it the discomfort of standing on the doorstep that helps prepare us for what is waiting on the other side?
I'm not a big fan of waiting. Having faith in the Lord is having faith in his timing, but sometimes I'm too impatient for his timing. Sometimes I need guidance, reassurance, or help in that very instant of asking. I can have patience when it comes to a lot of things, but sometimes I need (actually need, not just want) things instantly. Is that too much to ask? Maybe it is. Maybe that is where I need to develop more faith.

No comments:

Post a Comment