Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Halloween Half

This past weekend Caitlin and I went down to the Provo Half Marathon to cheer on our friends who were running in it. It was a lot of fun, yet I have no proof cause Caitlin has all the pictures on her camera. :) But I did take a picture or two on my phone.

Let's start with where we stayed on Friday night. We stopped in Brigham City, Utah and spent the night at Caitlin's aunt and uncle's house. I got to sleep in Dannon's (her cousin) room. It was so much fun! There were so many things to look at, legos to play with, and even my sheets were Where's Waldo! I had to snap a few pictures before I left because I think everyone should enjoy a night in this overwhelmingly creative and fun room.

You'll notice PEZ dispensers above the windows and buttons on the curtains.

Literally, I could've spent many hours staring at everything on the walls, but I was WAY too tired to truly enjoy the beauty of the room. Maybe the next time we visit I'll be able to browse for a while longer.


Then of course there is the marathon to talk about! I have no pictures of any of the runners (like I said, they're on Caitlin's camera) but I did snap one picture of Caitlin and I after the race was over. We went down to cheer on Ben Burke, Emma Holmquist, Julie Larson, and Ali Berger. They did so amazingly good! I am so impressed with everyone that runs marathons/half marathons. What an impressive accomplishment.

After we enjoyed cheering them across the finish line, we hung out with Brittany and Alex for a few hours, babysat, and designed our wedding announcement. That was for sure a lot of fun. Even though Brooklyn didn't want to hang out with us at all, we can still say we babysat. :) We also had a "harvest dinner" with the runners. We had delicious homemade (homemade by Costco) potpie, caramel apples, and we also baked some delicious looking dessert pies, but we were way too stuffed to eat them. After dinner we just talked and played games and had the perfect life. Literally, my life is perfect. The following day we enjoyed church with Alex and Brittany, visited my sister Jara, and finally made it back up to Brigham City and visited with Caitlin's family up there. Good weekend? Check.

Then Monday was Halloween, and since Caitlin and I spent it apart we just sent pictures to each other of what we were. Caitlin's picture came to me upside down. I liked it, so I didn't flip it around. :) She was a minion.
And I was a Hogwarts student (Ravenclaw of course).

It's strange to think that October is over, but the festivities have only begun. Thanksgiving, Christmas, New Years, Caitlin's birthday, then wedding! These next three months are going to fly by!

1 comment: