Saturday, September 3, 2011

Life Goal 26

While in New York I accomplished my life goal of visiting Niagara Falls. I couldn't believe how amazing the falls were. The sound was unbelievable and the spray was intense. We were soaked for sure.

Luckily we got these amazingly cool shoes to wear so we could walk on the super wet dock they built beneath the falls. We also were able to take a boat ride on the Maid of the Mist. That brought us right down to Horseshoe Falls. I could've stood the entire day just staring at the amazingness of the roaring water. Did you know that Niagara Falls is 176 feet high and 150,000 gallons of water plummet over the falls every second. That's a lot of water! No wonder we got completely soaked.





I promise I wasn't scared to go to the falls, only the thought of getting wet terrified me.
Here Ben and I are in front of Horseshoe Falls on the Maid of the Mist.
And of course, a trip to Niagara Falls would not be complete without a journey up to Canada, stopping at a Canadian McDonalds and eating a McRib sandwich (not that great, made me want real ribs). It was fun driving through Canada and using Canadian money. I am such a tourist and I wanted to tell everyone there that I was from the United States, but I acted cool and pretended like I was a native Canadian. I don't think they suspected anything until we started taking pictures of the maple leaf inside the M and were gawking at the differences in the Canadian cash we had. Oh well. Sometimes it's ok to be considered a geeky tourist.

No comments:

Post a Comment