Monday, September 26, 2011

Anxiously Engaged

Yes, I am engaged to be married. The wedding is set for February 3, 2012. Am I excited? Duh. I hope you wouldn't ask such a strange question. However, I'm not as detailed as my bride to be, so I will be copying and pasting her words in regards to the proposal:

"He took me out near the Snake River in Rexburg Idaho and had it all planned out, but I was clueless since we were just going to do something he had planned a couple weeks ago on a date but we ran out of time. He had gotten 2 pillowcases for us to draw a story on, but the rule was that he and I were the main characters, it could be any story, something that has happened or something that hasn’t and that we were drawing it for each other. Then after we were done we would show each other. Once we got to his designated spot he pulled out 2 camp chairs and set them up back to back. We took out the markers and got to work. He finished way before me so I felt bad because I was taking my time to make sure it looked half way decent since I’m definitely not an artist. I finally finished and he said I had to present mine first. So he patted down the bushes around us to make a somewhat stage for us to stand on. So I presented mine. I did a collage of previous dates we had been on and us in a hot air balloon in the middle just for fun. I also wrote on top “the best is yet to come…” Then it was his turn. He went on the “stage” and showed me his and he did the same thing! It was set up a little differently, but he put symbols of dates we had been on and memories we have. Then he said “But mine has a back side to it…” He flipped it over and he had drawn stick figures of him proposing to me! I was kind of caught off guard by this and he says I took a step back and then started to cry, happy tears of course though. He then knelt down on one knee and asked me to marry him! And I said yes! Then I ran and gave him a hug before he even had a chance to put the ring on me, but apparently as I gave him a hug the ring went flying into the bushes. I had no clue that this happened so after I gave him a hug he said that we needed to go find the ring because it flew in the bushes. So we got down and started searching for it. It wasn’t too hard to find but I thought it was perfect; every engagement has to have a story like that."

Basically she is perfect. I am beyond excited to spend the rest of my life (and eternity) with her. She makes me want to be a better person and each day I am grateful that she is in it. We are getting married in the San Diego temple. February cannot come soon enough!

This was our first date in November 2008

The Thursday before I proposed. We were in the Verizon store right next to the ring store where I'd purchased the ring earlier that day. :)

4 comments:

  1. Yeahy what a wonderful story :) Thanks for sharing it and I wish you all the best!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so excited for you guys! Congrats! You guys are perfect together!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I knew from day one you guys would end up together! I'm SO happy for your two! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats Devin! This is wonderful!

    ReplyDelete