Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Independence Day Festivities

The 4th of July started early for our crew. We decided that we wanted to hike R Mountain and watch the sunrise from the top of the mountain. That meant that we needed to get up at 4:00 and get going. Luckily for us, Rick was in charge and had made plans for a glorious breakfast that we cooked after hiking. I had never done the R Mountain hike, but thoroughly enjoyed it.


We all went home after the hike, completely exhausted. Not because the hike was strenuous at all, but because we hardly got any sleep. So we went home and napped for a few hours, then headed off to Idaho Falls to hang out before the fireworks. We spent the day walking around the belt, eating great food, laying in the sun/shade and watching fireworks. We had the police visit cause there was this on-something-kid passed out near where we were sitting. It was a gloriously long day. I was so tired and cranky by the end. I felt like a child. For real. But it was actually really fun. I got cabin fever while trying to save our spot. I'm not good being trapped in the same place for hours. After all is said and done, I would not do it again. I enjoyed my time, but it was a LOT of time. I would much rather enjoy a day swimming or playing a sport. Anything but waiting. Luckily I have great friends that I was able to enjoy the day with.



No comments:

Post a Comment