Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Adopt-a-Platoon

This past Friday, the Humanitarian Service Organization (a part of Service Activities) put on an Adopt-a-Platoon Carnival on campus to help raise donations for the troops. There were a lot of fun games, great volunteers, and A LOT of donations.




I spent the majority of the night hanging out with some of my Service family. At the carnival, we had a lot of fun playing twister, at the dunk tank, dancing, and painting faces. Afterward we went to my apartment at midnight and ate Taco Bell. I LOVE Service Activities! That doesn't seem like it really expresses how I feel, but I really, really love Service Activities and all the people involved. Granted, it is stressful, busy, and sometimes a pain in the butt, but at the end of the day it always brings me joy. Service is really a blessing in my life and I'm going to be sad to leave it behind when I graduate.

No comments:

Post a Comment