Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Landslide

Tonight I watched the Glee episode entitled "Sexy" - maybe a bit more racy than most of the episodes, and it was almost not worth it. But then they sang Landslide by Stevie Nicks and the inappropriateness of the show completely left my mind.

This song is so amazingly perfect for me. There are so many decisions to be made at this time in my life and really it is difficult. But these decisions are so essential to my growth as an individual. I'm actually truly grateful for the opportunities that lay ahead of me - and I know that I'll be able to make those decisions correctly - even if they are sometimes painful.

One of the common phrases in the song is "I'm gettin' older too." I've actually never really thought about my age as a starting point, but it really is. This is my beginning and I am now able to move forward with the knowledge that I'm old enough to make my own decisions - and I'm experienced enough that I can trust my decisions to be the correct ones. Thank you Stevie Nicks for writing such an amazing song, and thank you Glee for bringing it to my recollection.



1 comment:

  1. uh. I don't like Glee at all...due to inappropriateness....but i LOVE this song. Thanks for the reminder Devin!

    ReplyDelete