Thursday, March 10, 2011

Giving It Up

Yesterday was Ash Wednesday. This means that the tradition of Lent has begun. I haven't always practiced this particular tradition, but I felt like this year I could really benefit from giving something worldly up to come closer to Christ. So I've decided to give up Facebook. Seems kind of childish and not really a big sacrifice - and really it hasn't been difficult - but it is great knowing that I'm sacrificing something that was a normal daily activity and filling my time in other ways.

But really I didn't want to talk too much about my element of Lent, but the actual tradition that it is. I've learned a lot about it. Oftentimes people replace their vices with things that bring them closer to Christ. Many people spend the 40 days fasting and praying and strengthening their relationship with their Savior. I am really interested to see what this experiment does for me - and I'm sure I'll update about my progress and overall change in attitude. Until then, HAPPY LENT!

1 comment:

  1. I wish you luck Dev. Facebook, what a waste of time... I have been seriously trying to limit my exposure to it lately. I love catching up on your life through your blog.
    -Tess

    ReplyDelete