Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Eye Contact

One thing I am not able to understand is the lack of eye contact from students on campus. Recently I've been in a grumpy mood and I thought that a great way to overcome this would to be nicer to strangers. Normally I have an apathetic attitude towards strangers, but I really thought that if I were to be cheery to strangers, that attitude would transfer to the rest of my life. But there is a trend on our campus of dodgy eyes. Nobody likes to make eye contact. I guess I had never noticed it before since I was among them, but now that I'm trying to embody the "Spirit of Ricks" I've become disappointed with the lack of a friendly gaze every once in a while. So my new goal is to change those awkward look downs and sideways glances into an opportunity to greet a new friend. We'll see if it works - and I'd encourage you all to do the same.

No comments:

Post a Comment