Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Campaign


Every other semester there are student body elections at BYU-Idaho, and I've been privileged enough to campaign for several of the greatest candidates to have ever run. This semester is no different. I'm campaigning for Blaine Burton - who is great. I don't want to talk about him or his platform, but rather how much I've enjoyed talking to people.

Going around from complex to complex and wearing Blaine's name around campus really makes me so much more positive and friendly. I really believe in what he stands for and I really want him to win - so I'm trying my all to be nice and reach out to everyone. It's shocking how much of a difference it makes when you put yourself out there. I'm loving it.

One thing I noticed that is especially different is that I say hi to everyone and I'm genuinely nice to them. It doesn't always happen like that for me, but campaigning has given me a reason to be happy this entire week. So if you guys are students of BYU-Idaho and you haven't voted yet - polls are open through Friday at 5:00. Get out there and let your voice be heard!

No comments:

Post a Comment