Thursday, February 17, 2011

Happiness


Have you ever struggled in finding happiness? How is this overcome? I have been thinking about this a lot this past week and why I'm not happy with my current situation. This semester has been great. I've been having a good time, have great roommates, good classes, great positions on campus and at church, an amazing volleyball team. Really my life is going amazingly well. But just recently (the past week or so) I’ve been feeling as if I could be happier.

The devotional talk was great for me (although I didn’t want to hear what he had to say). He spoke about how the gospel is really the only way to find true happiness. I feel like I am the maker of my own destiny, and to think that I’m not in control of my own happiness (to a certain extent, although I have the choice whether or not to live the gospel) makes me a little frustrated.

I just feel like nobody really understands me at all this semester. I don’t feel like I can truly express myself with anyone. But part of that is the fact that I can’t really communicate my thoughts and feelings to myself. I think that is why I’m so unhappy. I can’t figure out what I am feeling/thinking – and therefore I cannot change it or improve it. Maybe there are others who feel this same way every once in a while, and I feel that I just needed to blog to get my feelings out so that I could move past this and on to grander emotions.

1 comment:

  1. Dev - I'm sorry you're feeling that way :/ Those ruts are the worst. If you ever need anything you know you can call me :)

    ReplyDelete