Friday, February 18, 2011

Adele

Adele can speak to the deepest parts of me. Silly thing really. She may be the greatest artist of all time (in my eyes) and I'm appreciating her more and more every day.

Her new album "21" comes out on Tuesday, and of course I pre-ordered it nearly a month ago. I cannot wait to listen to it nonstop and annoy all my roommates with the same songs on repeat. They're used to it since I always do that with new songs. But this one I'm sure will get to them, since I'm still not tired of her CD that came out two years ago, I'm sure I wont get tired of this one anytime soon.

I love her voice and her lyrics. Recently I've come to appreciate these lyrics in particular:
Nothing compares,
No worries or cares,
Regrets and mistakes, they're memories made,
Who would have known how bittersweet this would taste?

I'm sure they seem like random lyrics - but in the context of the song they fit quite nicely. And it seems to me as if she knows exactly what is on my mind, and I LOVE singing along to her music. It puts me in the best mood. Needless to say, I'm counting down the days till my I-Tunes tells me my download is ready. :)

1 comment: