Friday, November 12, 2010

Thankfulness

It seems as if everyone on every social media outlet is posting regarding things they are thankful for. I wasn't going to follow this trend, but I am just bursting with joy and excitement for the things that are happening in my life. I am truly so blessed.

Here are some recent things that have been happening that I am thankful for:

I spoke in church. Although public speaking never scares me, I was a little nervous for my topic. But after much preparation I was able to present my message on our duty to our country and it went really well. Afterwards I received so many compliments about it and it really made me feel warm and fuzzy. Cheesy I know. :)

I got a new roommate and have been hanging out with friends. The majority of my time here in Houston has been spent in the solitude of my room while doing homework, but lately I have had so many friends to hang out with I’ve been a bit overwhelmed. I really need a breather and I need to focus on my homework – but I am very grateful that I’m not as big of a loser anymore.

I am studying for the GRE and applying to grad schools. This was a difficult decision, but I feel at peace with it. I am thankful that I have the opportunity to take the GRE (even though it costs a lot and is difficult to study for). Grad school will be a completely new experience, but it is what I’m supposed to do at this point in my life. Such a relief to know that.

I am grateful for my winter semester schedule. I have some great classes, including a special topics practicum with the Dean of the College of Business and Communication. She hand picks the students for the class and I feel extremely lucky to be among them. I hope that it all goes well and we are able to plan an amazing Business and Communication summit.

I am also very thankful that next semester I will be able to work in Service Activities. I have been chosen as one of the student directors over Service Activities, so I will be able to work with many of the students and participate in the various activities planned in this program. It should be an amazing

I’m grateful for my roommates, both now and my past/future roommates. Really and truly they have shaped who I am, and I’m stoked to be back with them and have the best second-to-last semester of my BYU-Idaho career. Although I am not looking forward to the frigid cold, I am looking forward to the semester.

I’m thankful that it is warm in Houston and I can still walk around in shorts and a t-shirt. Last night we played sand volleyball until midnight and I wasn’t even cold.

I’m also thankful for Verizon, my phone charger and late night chats with Caitlin. What a wonderful blessing she has been in my life, and being able to talk to her every night has made my time in Houston fly by. It’s hard to imagine that I only have a month left and I’m sure it will go by quickly, but I am oh so excited to see her again.

I am also extremely grateful for my internship, the people I work with and the experience I’m gaining. It really is such a blessing to be here in Houston and be able to work for a PR agency. Some days are extremely stressful, and others are boring as heck – but they all mesh together and make a once in a lifetime experience.

There are so many other things I am grateful for, like the gospel, Math 108, volleyball and audio books. But I don’t want to continue rambling on about my gratitude, so I think I’ll stop here.

I hope everyone has an amazing Thanksgiving and that they recognize the gratitude in their lives (recognize because I think that everyone has an immense amount of gratitude, they just need to recognize it).

This video isn't so great, and the song is from his Christmas album - but it is about being thankful, so I thought it fit.

2 comments:

  1. Nice blog! I like your writing way. I'm doing practice GRE here: masteryourgre.com . I hope it's useful for GRE test takers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for what you said about me! I also love our chats at night, it has helped me a lot this semester, but I think you already knew that:) Can't wait to see you in a month! You're the greatest!!!

    ReplyDelete