Sunday, November 21, 2010

Diciembre

Even though December has not arrived yet - there is still some Christmas spirit floating around Houston. I went for a drive tonight and was loving the Christmas lights everywhere. I am also officially listening to Christmas music. The Susan Boyle Christmas album had it's way of tempting me into an early start.

I am looking forward to December for many reasons. For starters, it means the end of studying for the GRE and also an end of a semester. I cannot wait to be finished with online classes and NEVER take one again. I am also looking forward to my brothers arrival in Houston. It will be so fun to road trip it to Oregon with him. I am also excited for our brief stop in San Diego, surfing and best times with my best friend.

I also cannot wait until I arrive in the Christmas Tree Capitol of the World! Estacada, Oregon - here I come! I have not spent a Christmas in Oregon since 2005, so this will be nice to enjoy the "traditions" of Christmas in my original local. It will also be great to spend Christmas with my family. It has been a year this week since I've been home - so it is much needed. As crazy as my family is, I love it! There is something about feeling comfortable during the holidays that makes them so great, and although some change is good it is always nice being able to experience something familiar as well.

Christmas this year will also be my last "normal" Christmas. All that really means is that there are a lot of changes taking place in my life and I don't know where I will be at in a year from now, so it will be nice to be able to spend this Christmas with my mom and siblings. It is kind of strange to have your entire life ahead of you and absolutely no where to go. I am applying for grad schools and my top choice is the University of Denver, but what if I don't get in there? Then where do I go? It makes things a bit more difficult. Only time will tell.

I guess that is all for now. I just had a lot on my mind and wanted to write a bit before I head off to sleep. Happy early December everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment