Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Accomplishment

I love accomplishing goals. There is something so rewarding about deciding to do something, working hard, and finally seeing the end results. Next week I am going to go to the temple and be sealed for my grandparents, and I don't think have ever been so excited to complete a goal before. It is going to be such a special and unique experience. I can hardly wait.

But in the meantime, I may as well work on some other goals. Like the 50 books I get to read before I turn 30. So far I've read (since August) the Harry Potter series, Dr. Jeckyll & Mr. Hyde, Catch 22, Mockingjay, and Frankenstein (which I finished today). I feel so accomplished being able to cross books off my list. Tomorrow I will start Moby Dick, and I'm near the end of Farenheit 451.

This year I also hope to accomplish my goal of surfing and next semester I will accomplish 2 goals (at least). One is to take voice lessons, the other is to learn how to dance. Vocal instruction and social dance are two of the fun classes I'm taking in the winter. Should be a blast.

Maybe someday eventually I'll accomplish some of my traveling goals, or I might even end up getting married. Although I would't hold my breath for the latter to occur anytime soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment