Thursday, October 7, 2010

On The Radio

I always hate it when people post song lyrics in their blogs. I just think, "come on guys, just post the song so we can listen to it, no need to read 15 blog entries on your favorite song lyrics." But I am always a hypocrite, and just wanted to post some of my favorite lyrics from the song On The Radio by Regina Spektor.

This is how it works
You're young until you're not
You love until you don't
You try until you can't
You laugh until you cry
You cry until you laugh
And everyone must breathe
Until their dying breath

These lyrics make life so simple. Things happen, or they don’t and you don’t really have control over them. I wish I had more control over my life. I don’t know who I am, where I’m going in life, or what I even want to do.

This is a big problem.

Why can’t I figure things out? Even when I feel like I am at the top of my game, what I really want (which I still have no idea what that is) is just out of my grasp. But what is the point of worrying, or sulking around? Life isn’t going to be perfect, but it is always amazing. At least that is what I tell anyone I talk to while I’m here in Houston.

Life is amazing.

What does that even mean? Does it mean I am making lemonade out of the lemons I get on a daily basis? Does it mean that I am enjoying every minute of every day? I think not. I think that it is easier though to pretend to be happy all the time then to explain the reasons behind sadness or discouragement. I normally only tell one person my real discouraging news.

They don’t like hearing it anymore.

So now I’m here enjoying life despite the fact that I can’t truly express myself to anyone because I don’t really have any truly deep relationships with anyone down here. I have to be positive and live that amazing life I tell everyone I am.

But just remember,
This is how it works
You're young until you're not
You love until you don't
You try until you can't
You laugh until you cry
You cry until you laugh
And everyone must breathe
Until their dying breath

No comments:

Post a Comment