Wednesday, October 27, 2010

10 Songs

So my friend Morgan had a blog where she put her I-Pod on shuffle and the first 10 songs to play she wrote a little about. I'm thinking that's a pretty good idea.

The first song to come up was the Dixie Chicks, Sin Wagon. The Dixie Chicks are one of my pre-mission favs. Now I'm not always in the mood to listen, but some days they are all I want to hear/sing to as loudly as I can.








Being for the Benefit of Mr. Kite by the Beatles was song number 2. Not one of my favorite Beatles songs, but I do love me some Beatles. They are one of those bands that will forever be in my I-Tunes, no matter how old I get. I'm sure my children will know them well.







You Can't Stop The Beat from the movie Hairspray came next, and I was surprised to see Hairspray on my I-Pod, but then I remembered that I put it on there for our trip to hike the Narrows to try and please Kami, Caitlin and Alex. What a funny choice - and great memory of the Narrows.







Haven't Met You Yet by Michael Buble reminds me of little Rick Roper. He was in love with this song and the music video last winter semester. I loved coming home to an excited roommate ready to play me a music video, even though he'd already shown me two or three times previous.







Life is a Highway by Rascal Flatts put a smile on my face just thinking about Cars (although I've never seen it) and roadtrips. I love roadtrips and am highly anticipating viewing Cars for the first time, although it may be a few years as much as I've been procrastonating it.








The next song was First Love by Adele. What can I say about Adele? She may just be one of my favorite singers of all time. I've overplayed her album on my I-Tunes and I-Pod and am anxiously awaiting her next album, although I don't know when that will be. My advice to you, if you're ever having a bad day, listen to Adele's album and life will be better. Guaranteed.






How Great Thou Art by Susan Boyle snuck it's way onto my I-Pod. I originally bought the Susan Boyle CD because she looks like Ryan Bruce, but after listening to it I fell in love with her manly looks and beautiful voice. Worth a listen.








Girl from Across the Universe came next. I'm a sucker for musicals, and when I heard they were doing a musical with Beatles music I was sold. The musical itself doesn't make any sense unless you know the Beatles and their story. And I don't know if it's one I would watch again, but the soundtrack is amazing.







Glee! I love it. I can honestly say that I'm obsessed. In this rendition of I Dreamed a Dream, Idina Menzel and Lea Michele sing perfectly. One of my all time favorite Glee numbers.









Faithfully by Journey is another overly played songs on my I-Pod. I love running to Journey's Greatest Hits and imagining listening to it as if it were new. It makes me wonder if I would've been friends with my dad back in the day (probably not) or if I would've even loved Journey as much as I do had he not played it excessively when I was younger.






So that is my list of 10 songs on shuffle from my I-Pod. Gives quite the variety of music, and that is how my I-Pod kind of is, completely random and amazingly good.

No comments:

Post a Comment