Sunday, September 19, 2010

Rexburg, oh how I miss thee…

I am so lucky to be where I am. I live in the 4th largest city in the world, I have a great internship, I’m able to visit my mission and the people I love there, I have a great elderly couple that I live with that give me good Texas BBQ for dinner. So why am I missing Rexburg so much?


Is this what happens when people graduate? I don’t really understand. It’s like I’m going through withdrawals. The classes, professors, students, friends, wards, bishoprics, cruddy apartments, best roommates in the worlds. There is so much to love in Rexburg, and I’m missing it.


It doesn’t help that it is Fall Semester either. Fall is one of the greatest times to be in Rexburg. Yesterday they had the Temple to Temple Relay, and my heart was there with the runners. I’m also going to be spending Halloween, Thanksgiving and the beginning of Christmas season without my friends (who have become my family).


I can honestly say that I’m enjoying my time here. Actually, I love it. I just wish I had one Rexburg friend here with me to share my experience with. That would make all the difference in the world. My life is so different now. Yesterday I spent nearly 12 hours doing homework, and until I got a phone call around 6:00, I hadn’t spoken a word to a single person all day. That isn’t me. I need a social life. I need friends.


Luckily I think I made a few friends at church today. One of them got my number and called me right away. We’re thinking about going backpacking together. He’s awesome. His roommate is my EQP. So things are going to get better. I just need a good roommate that I can spend my time with. Rick! Stu! Johnny! Bryce! et al. I miss you guys.


I’ve also come to learn a lot about love. All types of love. There is a poem I found online, and one stanza really stuck out to me. Anna would love this too ‘cause I said I hate poetry, but this poem was different.


I miss you more than ever now.
I miss you because I really need you somehow.
I miss you and your touch.
I miss you for to me, you mean so much.


So in short, I miss someone a lot. If only they were here to share this experience with me. Life would be a million times better. I’ll see them again in December luckily. Less than 3 months. I can make it 3 months. I’ve done it before.

No comments:

Post a Comment