Saturday, September 11, 2010

Banned Poster

Have you ever heard of people who have had their artwork banned? I'm sure it has happened to Van Gough, Salvador Dali and Frida Kahlo. Now I can add my name to that list.

I created a poster for Classic Movie Night during the 7 week break. Everything was going well, until the last week. The movie was Bathing Beauty. A scantly clad woman was on the front of the movie poster, but I figured it was alright to put on the poster since they would be showing the actual film. Even University Communication approved the poster. But somebody complained, so we were asked to remove all posters from campus, and the web advertisements were also taken down. Now I can officially say that something I made was banned from the BYU-Idaho campus.

No comments:

Post a Comment