Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Summer Session

I finished reading both the Hunger Games and Catching Fire. They are such great books. I seriously was addicted. I read them both in a week. I’ve become quite the reader this summer session. The Hunger Games is quite possibly one of the most addicting books I’ve ever read. There are a lot of books that I’ve read that are well written and have good messages, stories, character development etc. But I rarely find a book that is addicting. By addicting I mean I literally read at every moment possible, dreamt about it, talked about it excessively – it was really kind of sad. Luckily the third book, Mockingjay, comes out in two weeks. I think we’re going to go to the party at Barnes & Noble to buy it at midnight. I’ve never done that before, so it shows my addiction.

In other news, my summer session is going amazing. We have a dinner group that I absolutely love. We always have to most delicious food and great company. I am working 20 hours a week in the English Department, and 20 hours a week in the Get Prepared Office. It is enough to keep me fairly busy, but on top of that I’m also taking a class, Foundations Capstone, and I’m the Publicity Coordinator for the Activities Department. So altogether it’s shaping up to be a busy summer. This past weekend I was able to go to my old roommate Johnny Petersen's wedding. He is such an amazing guy, so righteous and seriously one of my favorite people. His wife is also amazing. They are the perfect couple. It was so great to see them married and happy. I can't believe that we're all growing up. I've had a lot of roommates get married. Makes me feel like somehow I didn't catch the memo. Oh well, que sera, sera.

I also haven’t found an internship yet. I am close with a couple of organizations, but I won’t know until probably the end of next week. It is stressful not knowing where I will be in a month, but it’s good for me to kind of live my life without planning every little detail. I guess eventually I will know.

No comments:

Post a Comment