Wednesday, August 11, 2010

50 Books Before 30

Since I've become such an avid reader, I decided to make a list of books that I need to read before I'm 30. Some of these books I've previously read but want to reread, others are easy literature, and a few are classics. I have 6 years so I'd better get going.

1. To Kill a Mockingbird – Harper Lee
2. Brave New World – Aldous Huxley
3. The Scarlet Letter – Nethaniel Hawthorne
4. The Outsiders – S.E. Hinton
5. Matilda – Roald Dahl
6. Number the Stars – Lois Lowry
7. Tuesdays With Morrie – Mitch Albom
8. The Hitchhiker’s Guide to the Galaxy – Douglas Adams
9. Alice’s Adventures in Wonderland – Lewis Carroll
10. Catch-22 – Joseph Heller
11. All Quiet on the Western Front – Erich Remarque
12. The Strange Case of Dr Jekyll and Mr Hyde – Robert Louis Stevenson
13. One Hundred Years of Solitude – Gabriel Garcia Marquez
14. The Catcher in the Rye – JD Salinger
15. The Adventures of Huckleberry Finn – Mark Twain
16. Things Fall Apart – Chinua Achebe
17. Les Miserables – Victor Hugo
18. Atonement – Ian McEwan
19. Frankenstein – Mary Shelly
20. 1984 – George Orwell
21. The War of the Worlds – HG Wells
22. Pride and Prejudice – Jane Austen
23. Moby Dick – Herman Melville
24. Harry Potter Series – J.K. Rowling
25. Hatchet – Gary Paulsen
26. The Giver – Lois Lowry
27. The Chronicles of Narnia: The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe – C.S. Lewis
28. To Kill A Mockingbird – Harper Lee
29. The House on Mango Street – Sandra Cisneros
30. The Book Thief – Markus Zusak
31. Anne Frank: Diary of a Young Girl – Anne Frank
32. Shattering Glass – Gail Giles
33. Life as we knew it – Susan Beth Pfeffer
34. Catcher in the Rye – J.D. Salinger
35. Before I Die – Jenny Downham
36. Beloved – Toni Morrison
37. The Grapes of Wrath – John Steinbeck
38. Over and Under – Todd Tucker
39. The Kite Runner – Khaled Hosseini
40. Fahrenheit 451 – Ray Bradbury
41. Armor – Kim B. Clark
42. MockingJay – Suzanne Collins
43. Zen and the Art of Motorcycle Maintenance – Robert M. Pirsig
44. The Things They Carried – Tim O’Brien
45. How to Win Friends and Influence People – Dale Carnegie
46. The BFG – Roald Dahl
47. 7 Habits of Highly Effective People – Stephen R. Covey
48. All The Pretty Horses – Cormac McCarthy
49. Gathering Blue – Lois Lowry
50. The Secret Life of Bees – Sue Monk Kidd


While I'm at it, I may just make another list of other things I hope to accomplish by the time I'm 30. We'll see how much time I have.

1 comment:

  1. These are all amazing books! I just re-read The Giver for the first time in 10 years and it was just amazing! I not only had an amazing time reading the story but I had great time remembering my childhood. Good luck :)

    ReplyDelete