Wednesday, July 28, 2010

In the Mood

I must admit, I have not been in the blogging mood lately. I'm not even in the mood right now, but I thought I'd better get to it just so that I can say I blogged at least twice in July. There are so many things that I need to recap.
First off, I now have a Harry Potter scar. It isn't quite as funny as it used to be. Maybe that is because at first I was completely naive to the fact that this might be permanent, but it is no laughing matter! The story of how I got it was a little bit more chucklesome. While hiking in Kannaraville Falls I thought I'd be cool and climb up this ledge (part of the trail) and while doing so, I managed to get a branch to the face and a whole lot of skin removed from my forehead. Maybe I should take a picture of the scar for here. Nah - I'm too lazy today.
So Kannaraville Falls and I may have had the greatest love affair of all time. Literally. I'm in love with this hike and everything about it. Some of my new greatest friends, Julie, Dave, Kami, Valerie, Alex and Rachel, all went down to St. George for the 4th of July weekend. It was an amazingly great time. We went swimming (where I nearly died), cliff jumping, played indoor soccer, lay on the ground and watched the stars, ate until we nearly passed out, and on our way home we hiked. What a great group of friends, and the best activities. Our hike was through a riverbed. It is not as big as The Narrows in Zion National Park (which I will be doing later this summer) but it is still a great scenic hike. There were two waterfalls that we had to climb up, and it was so great being able to actually be in the water without dying of hypothermia. I loved it.
The next joyous thing that I would love to chat about is my grass volleyball team. Kami, Katelyn, Valerie, Dave, Amber and Skeezy (not pictured). We did awful. Seriously. I don't know why we couldn't pull it together. We are all great players, and the teams we lost to weren't terribly good. We were just a horrible team. Oh well. We had a great time and drank a lot of Virgin Strawberry Margaritas after we lost. I love grass volleyball with a passion.
To finish it off, here are some pictures of my Birthday Bash. I turned 24 this year, and to celebrate we had an outdoor concert thingy. It was well attended and almost all of my favorite people were there. The music was great and my old FHE sister Natalie made the sweetest video during the party. She is simply the greatest. I was also able to sing with Julie. Stu jammed out on the guitar and Julie and I sang American Honey by Lady Antebellum. Such a great song, such an amazing night, such the old fart at 24.

Other things that happened in July:
  • Finished school (thank goodness)
  • Sang in church with Anna Baird
  • Completed my website: devingraves.com
  • Floated the canal twice in Blackfoot
  • Battled it out in water basketball - only a few bruises to show for it.
  • Went to Badger Creek to visit old FHE sisters
  • Moved into a new apartment
  • Began reading The Hunger Games
That may be all for now. I will post more at a later time, no telling when that may be. Hopefully sooner rather than later. I know all those dedicated followers are dying to hear about my mundane life.

No comments:

Post a Comment