Saturday, May 22, 2010

Things That Make Me Think


Tonight I went to the Nashville Tribute Band concert, and it was great. I went to their concert in the fall and it was amazing then too. It gave me a lot to think about. First thing I couldn't stop think about was how different my life was in the fall, and how I never expected to be where I am at right now. I was planning on spending my summer in El Salvador, but here I am stuck in Rexburg for another semester of school. The Lord is so funny with the way he puts our lives together.

This has been a difficult semester for me. I love everything about my life...well almost everything. Yet I constantly get the feeling as if I'm missing out on something more. But really looking at my life from the outside, it is perfect. I don't have problems, I don't have drama, I don't have financial issues, I'm not starving to death. Really my life is amazing. So then why is there something missing?

The concert also put me right back in Houston. I miss it there so much, yet with it being so close I haven't gone back. I'm pretty sure that's because I'm terrified to go back there. I know I will have a great time with the people I taught, and I will enjoy the heat and humidity. Heck - I might even regain some of the Spanish skills I lost over the past two years. Mostly what I'm scared of is the fact that I wont be a missionary. I'll go to places where I spent hours teaching about the restored gospel, but I will not have that sacred calling any longer. I miss it. I love teaching the gospel and being immersed in it 24/7. One day, with my wife, I will be able to serve the Lord in that capacity again. Until then, I'll just have to jam out to my Nashville Tribute CD's.

No comments:

Post a Comment